As we work our way through the challenging times we’re now facing, it’s important that we based our actions on accurate, up-to-date information from reliable sources. Use the links below to access this information.
If you want information about mental health and other services in the Whitsunday, Isaac and Mackay region, check out Information and Resources (Regional Mental Health Services and Other Community Services).
You’ll also find links and details about online and phone services in the Information and Resources section.
Mental Health Services and Key Information
Qld Mental Health Commission
The Commission has produced a short video about the likely mental health impacts of Covid-19 – looking at what we know about the mental health effects of natural disasters and how this pandemic may differ.
This easy to understand video explains common mental health impacts, the responses we can provide to help deal with psychological stress or distress and what organisations can do to address the issues and challenges.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service
For local up to date information on what is happening with COVID-19 in our region, including numbers, the latest facts and figures and the best course of action if you are worried about infection, please visit the MHHS website
Queensland Government – COVID-19
For information on emergency services, obtaining food and essential items, information on the Care Army and the Community Recovery Hotline please visit the Queensland Government website.
Australian Government Department of Health
Click here for up to date information on how the government is responding to he outbreak of COVID-19, how you can help slow the spread in Australia, what to do if you have symptoms and the latest official medical advice and case numbers.
For information on where to seek medical attention, a symptoms checker, helpful hints about hygiene and frequently asked questions and answers please head to the health direct website.
Coronavirus Australia app
Stay up to date with official information and advice about the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. You can check your symptoms and get notified when urgent information and updates are published. Please visit the website for information how to download the app today.
National Advice for First Nations Communities
This website provides a range of information, advice and resources for First Nations Communities
Sorry Business and Funerals
The Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships website includes information about:
- Sorry Business and funerals
- Social distancing
- Posters, fact sheets and other resources
- Other sources of support
- The Queensland Government has announced a $4 billion COVID-19 economic rescue package. For more information visit business.qld.gov.au.
- Previous announcements include a new Jobs Support $500 million loan facility, with loans of up to $250,000. Applications can be registered at www.qrida.qld.gov.au.
- Australian Government support:
• Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package that gives families fee relief while supporting childcare services to keep their doors open and employees in their jobs. Further information: https://www.dese.gov.au/.
• $130 billion JobKeeper payment to support businesses. Further details: https://www.pm.gov.au/media/130-billion-jobkeeper-payment-keep-australians-job
• $1.1 billion package to boost mental health services, domestic violence support, Medicare assistance for people at home and emergency food relief. Further details: https://www.pm.gov.au/media/11-billion-support-more-mental-health-medicare-and-domestic-violence-services-0.
• Information on previously announced financial stimulus package is available here: https://www.pm.gov.au/media/supporting-australian-workers-and-business.
• Centrelink – If you’re affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can register your intention to claim a Centrelink payment at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/.
11 Wood Street, Mackay,
QLD. Australia, 4740